Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Having A Voice

I grew up in an era when women did not have a voice. Then one day there were forums everywhere. I was elected President of Women on my college campus and began to find my own voice. Through the years I have not forgotten the power of a persons authentic voice. But I lost my voice when I moved to Utah, married, and raised my children. It isn't that there aren't things to talk about, because there are.

The culture is so strong here that diversity of thought is not something you share out loud. What I am hoping, with this blog, is to give courage to you and to me to find our collective voice.

I have been using blogs for some time but I just did not connect the idea of using it to give women a voice. Blogs have had an incredible impact on the media, on business, on politics and now education. Why not on women's issues? Why not use blogs to find our voices? Maybe, with the support of women all over the world and outside the borders of Utah, it can happen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home